Axxam has extensive experience in the development of functional cell-based assays for High-Throughput Screening (HTS), hit validation, hit-to-lead and lead optimization, covering a variety of target classes including:
- Ion Channels
- Transporters &Exchangers
- Nuclear Hormone Receptors
- Cytokine Receptors
- Receptor Tyrosine Kinases
- Gene promoters
- Hormone secretion
Download the Cell-Based Assay List (new release Jan 2016)
Cell-based assays are typically configured in 384 well format through the use of the most pharmacologically relevant detection system:
- Fluorescence, using different chemical and biological sensors
- Flash Luminescence, using our proprietary Ca2+-sensitive photoproteins, Photina® and i-Photina®
- Glow Luminescence, using luciferase reporter genes
- Radiometric readouts: mainly using SPA and flash plate technology.
We offer our capabilities to develop assays in a wide range of cell types, overexpressing the target of interest or optimizing assay protocols for endogenously expressed targets. We can choose among a variety of different reporter genes and signal detection methods, to better adapt the assay to the final goal, including the identification of allosteric modulators and state-dependent blockers.
All our cell lines are QC checked and satisfy stringent quality requirements for use in HTS mode.
We also have very high success rates for challenging targets requiring multiple subunits or auxiliary protein complexes expression.