Phenotypic Screening Insights
High content screening (HCS), also known as phenotypic screening, is a powerful approach that combines cell based assays and image analysis to study and characterize the effect of bioactive compounds on biological pathways within complex cellular environment.
Axxam’s high-content platform can track multiple phenotypes at the cellular and subcellular levels to get insights into pathways and mechanisms of action involved in several human neurodegenerative diseases, such as Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s and neuronal inflammation. Multiple assays can be customized for many disease models, and new assays can also be developed upon request.
Neuropathic Pain Platform
- Relevant cell models for neuropathic pain: primary and iPS-derived sensory neurons
Neurodegeneration / Inflammation Platform
- Assessing pathological aggregates
- Neurite outgrowth analysis to reveal neurotoxicity
- Neuro-inflammation related to activation of glial cells
- Pro-inflammatory markers
Biomolecular Condensates Platform
- Assessment for compounds able to modulate the quantity of condensates and aggregates in cells
- DNA damage repair assay
Fill in the contact module below to receive our flyer
Applications of High Content Screening in Early Drug Discovery